I want you to just do it. Just start your art journal. Get messy and creative. There are no rules. Don't worry about expensive art supplies or the right type of book.
Here are some simple tips to get going:
1) Get a plain spiral bound lined note book or composition notebook from an office supply store
2) Get 2 glue sticks or invest in matte medium at a local crafts store using your 40% off coupon
3) Glue two pages together and let them dry
4) While the pages are drying, go through your recycle bin and pull out some junk mail, catalogs, and magazines
5) Pick up some $1 acrylic paint at a craft store in your favorite colors and a cheap nylon brush for acrylics
6) Once pages are dry, open your craft paint ,drop some on a palette, add some water, and start painting. Use a light touch and water sparingly to avoid getting holes in the paper
7) Let the page dry and cut out some pictures or words from your recycle bin stash
8) Paint more lines, shapes, colors to your page
9) Let the paint dry and add the cut out images to your page.
Yahoo! You just did your first layout!
Want to learn more? Sign up for my email newsletter below and Check out my classes: https://www.facebook.com/coyotemoonpc/events